Guardrail Finance provides debt advisory solutions across the country for clients and has been doing so since 2012. The firm’s Principal has nearly 20 years of experience in real estate investment banking, lending, direct and indirect property investing, and consulting. The firm’s team maintains and grows its relationships with capital sources and the team constantly stays abreast of changes in the marketplace. GF’s team performs the following duties and more during each engagement with each client:
- Review property materials and understand property as is relates to the competitive landscape.
- Underwrite and analyze each deal to engage in a pre-discussion with clients.
- Package the debt financing request and approach myriad lenders.
- Provide debt financing quotes and negotiate term sheets to ensure the optimal financing in being obtained in the market.
- Manage the closing process to assist with surety of close and to enable a smooth process from term sheet to close.
- Oversee the third party due diligence process.
- Offer consultative solutions to assist with both short-term and long-term debt financing strategies that are focused on the client’s core business of long-term investment, value-add, and/or development.
- Assist with post-closing issues with the lenders/servicers.
Guardrail Finance has the contacts, experience, and capital markets knowledge to structure creative financing solutions for our clients. The capital sources we work with include banks (both foreign and domestic), investment banks, debt funds, life insurance companies, and private capital. The types of properties that we originate loans for include, but are not limited to the following:
- Apartment / Multifamily
- Mobile Home Parks
- Note Financing
Guardrail Finance prides itself on arranging the optimal capital stack for clients. Equity capital is often the missing piece of the capital puzzle. Institutional equity can be accomplished in a number of ways including Joint Venture Equity, Preferred Equity, and Mezzanine Financing. One challenge with equity financing is ensuring that the interests of the capital sources and clients are aligned, and we strive to serve as that bridge to ensuring a smooth partnership with each assignment we undertake. Another challenge with equity financing is that often times there are a number of changing variables during the transaction. These challenges create opportunities for our clients, as we have long relationships with many of the equity sources, so we can assist with navigating the difficult conversation that often come about in the institutional capital world.
We focus on understanding the real estate fundamentals of each equity financing engagement and we take the time to craft a strategy with our clients that will be beneficial to them and also mesh well with the return requirements that equity capital expects. We seek to find compatible, likeminded partners for our clients and work in a diligent fashion to understand and negotiate the major deal points to carry the transaction through successful closing.
We work with private equity firms, insurance companies, endowment funds, pension funds, investment banks, hedge funds, opportunity funds, unions, trusts, banks and REITs to assist with our clients’ equity capital goals.
GF assists with structuring equity capital for the following types of transactions:
- Joint Venture Equity For Single Asset Investments
- Joint Venture Equity For Portfolio Investments
- Preferred Equity
- Mezzanine Financing
- Institutional Equity Entity Level Investments
- Institutional Equity Fund Level Investments
- Partner Recapitalizations
The firm works with clients to structure capital solutions that are creative, effective, and practical in an ever-changing capital markets environment. Due to the ever changing capital environment, Guardrail Finance is constantly engaged with its stable of existing capital markets relationships across the world and focused on expanding the network of relationships to ensure that clients are obtaining the most attractive financing for their projects. Guardrail Finance originates loans for a wide array of banks, life insurance companies, CMBS, debt funds, and private lenders. Guardrail Finance sources Joint Venture Equity from institutions, life insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, and pension funds. Being focused on and competent in both debt and equity financing allows us to be more responsive and knowledgeable to our client’s needs.